Now those commitments that are in place show up in both the actions that you take and the conversations that you have with yourself.
The following is a list of questions that I asked myself and the process that I went through in order to begin again and also, to come into alignment with what I say I want for myself for the second half of this year.
So, first , I started with a list of THE RESULTS(the facts) I'm living in each area. For example, THE RESULT I live in in the Material world would be I live ______, I drive ______, I own ______etc.
Physically: I weigh_______, I eat_______, I workout ________etc.
Spiritually: I meditate, go to church, pray etc.
I did this process in each of the nine areas.
Then I broke down each area and asked myself questions -- and answered them.
What do I continue to picture in my head over and over again on a daily basis?
Do I continue to mentally challenge myself?
If I don't love what shows up in my life, I can ask myself:
1. What am I seeing(picturing) for myself?
2. What am I thinking about habitually that I need to change? And...
3. ( I then went further and asked myself) What filter am I filtering the world through?( I will speak more about this is my next Newsletter -- Part IV)).
I asked myself: What do I continue to mentally picture(see for myself) on a daily basis?
Most importantly: ** Am I Aware of what I'm picturing/seeing/invisioning for myself daily?
Am I happy with what I see over and over again?
1. What has my commitment been to in this area?
2. (Well), what am I actually living? (Example; "the truth is that lately I see that I have been justifying that extra cookie".
3. Why? ( In other words; "What is the voice I hear or the conversation I have with myself inside my head? For example, the conversation might be "I can eat what I want or I will start tomorrow" etc. Whatever conversation I'm having will be the one that I will empower with my actions).
1. (I ask myself;) what is the conversation I am having in not following my plan?
2. What is the result I actually want?
3. What is the new commitment?
4. (Therefore;) the new conversation that I will have with myself is,...?
I actually write all of this out so that I can consciously make new choices and consciously think about the new conversation. Why? Because I want to be living a different RESULT.
What are THE RESULTS that I am having in my work life right now?
(I wrote a list of what is happening and what I would like to see happen...what RESULT do I want to live.
I noticed that there were things that I said that I wanted to have happen. But, when I actually took a look at what my conversation was with myself I saw that it did not match what I said that I want ! -- GOODNESS!
I say that I want something but I have not been taking the actions to support what I say I want so... what is my commitment, here, too - really? When I get honest with myself and stop fooling myself that is when I can really begin again and make a new commitment or accept the RESULT that I'm living.
1. I wrote out exactly where I am.
2. I wrote out exactly what I want.
3. I wrote out what the conversation has been.
4 And I wrote what the new conversation needs to be -- if I say I truly want what I say I want....Because then the actions will follow.
I say I want one thing or I set a goal at the beginning of the year stating what I will achieve this year -- but my commitment has been to something else. I can see this HOW? Simply, by THE RESULT I am living at this very moment.
Every time I go against Something I say I want that is further information about where my commitment is.
Now it is very interesting that I actually did not sit down and write this out as I look over my notes here. So, I will ask myself right now: AM I HAVING FUN IN MY LIFE? Yes. I am having fun. Of course there are things I want to do. But, the way in which I live my life is fun. I love what I do. I love the projects that I am working on. Ah! But, am I making time for fun? Not work fun. But fun fun? What is fun fun for me? So, I will make a list of things that are fun and make sure that I incorporate those things into THE RESULT I say I want to live.
1. What RESULT am I living in this area?
2. Am I happy with it? (....(No. I am clear of my intuitive vision in this area; very clear. I will write out a plan so that I bring my current life in alignment with it.
3. I will entertain conversations in my head that support this.
1. What is THE RESULT am I living?
2. What do I say that I want to do in this area?
3. What conversation am I having with myself?
Relationships: Both personally and professional
1. What is THE RESULT that I am living?
2 What do I like about this RESULT. What don't I like?
3 What do I need to change about myself?
I believe that the relationships that are in our lives are there to either show us a refection of ourselves or to evolve us somehow.
So, I ask myself: What is this person showing me about myself? What do I like about what I am seeing and what don't I like? I can change me - not them.
I can always look at my RESULTS to actually see what I am committed to.
If I am committed to being _________(healthy, happy, struggle, chaos, rich, famous, playing small etc.) that is the conversation I will have with myself.
Whatever, I say I'm committed to all the actions that will show up will be a direct reflection to that commitment.
Write me and let me know what you discover!
Pass this on. Let's all help each other get committed to our lives in this second half of 2007!!